THE HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF ATLANTA, GEORGIA (AHA)
TENANT-BASED HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM (SECTION 8)
Waiting List Pre-Application OPENS from
Wednesday, March 15, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. EST
Tuesday, March 21, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. EST
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Pre-applications for the HCVP Waiting List must be submitted online and will not be available in paper form. Pre-applications will not be accepted at AHA’s Headquarters or any other property owned or sponsored by AHA. There is no cost to submit a pre-application, and no agent of AHA will ask a Registrant for any payment. Please contact AHA immediately, if you are asked to pay to submit a pre-application.
AHA has adopted a Residency Preference for its tenant-based HCVP waiting list. To qualify for the Residency Preference, a Registrant must either reside, or work, or have been notified in writing that he or she has been hired to work within the official city limits of the City of Atlanta. The Residency Preference allows AHA to select Registrants who meet the Residency Preference first from among the total pool of Registrants for a chance to be an Applicant on the HCVP waiting list. After the HCVP Waiting List is established, the Residency Preference allows AHA to select Applicants who meet the Residency Preference first from among the total pool of Applicants to receive HCVP assistance.
Registrants who submit a pre-application and are selected to be on the official HCVP Waiting List must meet HCVP eligibility requirements and HUD’s Very Low-Income Limits published at the time they are drawn from the HCVP Waiting List for voucher assistance. HCVP Participants must reside within the official city limits of the City of Atlanta during their first year on the program. For more information on HCVP eligibility requirements, view AHA's MTW Annual Plan, Appendix G- AHA Amended and Restated Statement of Corporate Policies, Chapter 3- Housing Choice Tenant-Based Program Policies.
Before you begin the registration process
- You must have an active e-mail address (to create an email visit providers such as gmail.com or yahoo.com).
- Have available the head of household name, birthdate, citizenship status, and if employed the employer’s address.
- Calculate your household’s total annual income from all sources.
- Have a paper and pen ready to write down your confirmation number; there is also an option to have the confirmation number sent to your email address.
Requirements for Registrants who submit a pre-application
- Pre-applications from Registrants who are not 18 years of age or older, or who are not an emancipated minor in accordance with Georgia Law, will not be accepted.
- Only one pre-application per Registrant will be accepted; duplicate pre-applications will not be accepted.
- Any pre-application that is not fully and accurately completed by a Registrant will not be accepted.
For more information on AHA’s HCVP Waiting List process reference the following documents:
Submission of a pre-application provides a chance for Registrants to be selected for the HCVP Waiting List. Submission of a pre-application by a Registrant, however, does not guarantee that the Registrant will be selected for the waiting list.