THE HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF ATLANTA, GEORGIA (AHA)
TENANT-BASED HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM (SECTION 8)
Waiting List Pre-Application is now CLOSED.
When and where can I find out if I’ve been selected?
- By April 5, 2017, you will be informed via the email address provided in your pre-application whether or not you were selected for the final HCVP Waiting List.
- On April 5, 2017, you also may check your status by logging on to www.AHAWaitlist.org with your first letter of your first name, last name, confirmation number and date of birth.
- Soon after April 5, 2017, Registrants that are selected for the waiting list will also receive a mailed confirmation letter with further instructions.
How Registrants are selected?
- AHA will order the entire list of Registrants with all Registrants who meet the Residency Preference being at the top of the list and all Registrants who do not meet the preference being at the bottom of the list.
- AHA will use a computerized, random selection process to select first from among the Registrants who meet the Residency Preference, up to 30,000 Applicants.
- If these selections do not result in a waiting list of 30,000 Applicants, AHA will use a computerized, random selection process to select Applicants from among the Registrants who do not meet the Residency Preference until a total list of 30,000 Applicants is established.
For more information on AHA’s HCVP Waiting List process reference the following documents:
- Copy of Legal Notice
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Computer & Internet Access Sites
- Informational Video
Submission of a pre-application provides a chance for Registrants to be selected for the HCVP Waiting List. Submission of a pre-application by a Registrant, however, does not guarantee that the Registrant will be selected for the waiting list.